Friday, February 28, 2014

marriott platinum challenge 9 stays in 90 days


I am plan to travel to asia this summer, and although I have Hyatt Diamond Status, Hyatt does not have a big global footprint.Marriott has many property in asia, because of the megabonus promo with some of their properties.I am plan to stay with marriot.


I have had several stays with Marriott, due to their promotion along with having the Taste of Platinum Challenge in mind.

but there are reports in flyertalk forum saying that this challenge was discontinued in 2014,but I want to call them to see if the status challenges was still valid,I saw the Marriott Rewards Customer Service phone number is 1-801-468-4000.


I called up Marriott Rewards and asked for the Taste of Platinum Challenge.  I was asked how many stays I had planned in the upcoming year. I explained to the customer service representative my travelling plan. then put me hold for a couple of minutes and on return told me I was upgraded to Plat with a target of 9 stays or 18 nights in 90 days in order to qualify for Platinum status until February 2015. It really was easy and the status updated to my account a couple of days later.

You can sign up the status challenge via email to rewards.procedures@marriott.com or via telephone to inquire about their challenge program.


Although the benefits of Marriott Platinum status seems lacking compared to Hyatt Diamond status, I was most interested in the extra 50% point bonus per dollar spent since the Hotel & Air package makes the best use of Marriott points.



I think all the hotel groups struggle with this early status issue. They want to capture business and early status is certainly a way of driving stay behaviour.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment