Wednesday, February 26, 2014

jetstar asia flight review


  last year i have fly with Jetstar asia airline from MNL to KIX. After searching for the cheapest airline tickets given my USD 450.00 round trip budget, my choices boiled down to Cathay Pacific and Jetstar Asia.


Why I Chose Jetstar Asia
I also considered Philippine Airlines but it's quite expensive and a USD 100 over my budget. As for Cebu Pacific, the regular fare meets my USD 450 budget but I did not consider it due to it's red-eye flight. Surprisingly, the round trip fare of Cathay Pacific came a little cheaper than Jetstar Asia but I was hesitant to book due to multiple stop-overs. After a week of debating with myself as to which airline to book, finally I chose to fly with Jetstar Asia.

Here are the reasons why I chose Jetstar Asia for my flight between Manila and Osaka.
1. The comfort of a direct flight is hard to beat.
2. The arrival time in Osaka is just before noon time. This will give us sufficient time to explore a temple or two before the days ends.
3. The one hour lay over time of Jetstar before its next flight gave me a better peace of mind. I wonder if the 30 minute lay over time of Cebu Pacific is enough for the airline ground crew to fully check the mechanical condition of the plane.

My return flight from Osaka to Manila was originally scheduled early in the morning. Two weeks after booking my Jetstar flight online, I received a notification that the return flight was moved from morning to afternoon. This worked to our advantage since this allowed us to have extra time to explore Japan.

The Food
I booked online up-sell of Jetstar to add meals to my fare. For about USD 25.00, I received hot meals for both of my flights which I think is a good value for money. The meal set comes with your choice of one hot meal, one cold drink and one hot drink. Here is my Hainese Chicken over a bed of white rice. The food quantity is quite big, quality is good but taste is so-so.



The Seat Pitch
Comparing to Cebu Pacific, the Jetstar Asia have smaller legroom. I was in a window seat and it was a big struggle to go to the bath room. I'm just 5'2'' and my knees are literally touching the front seat. The good thing is that the seat width is wider.


The Cleanliness
The online reviews were right that there's some problem with Jetstar's cleanliness. As I opened the tray table, there were dried bits of food as if the table was not wiped at all for next use.

flight Service
cabin service was quite good,they use Japanese flight attendants onboard. I also like the sleek orange and black uniforms of the flight attendants which leave a very professional impression.

Turbulence Management
Though this is not the fault of the airline, we encountered a series of strong turbulence while in Japanese skies. The captain could have done a better job in informing the passengers ahead of expected turbulence.

Will I fly with Jetstar asia again?
Yes! But I will make sure to book the emergency row seat for extra leg room.

No comments:

Post a Comment